Built in 1886, several hundred yards from the site of the ancient Chapel of St Leonard, the patron saint of prisoners. The architect was John Murdoch and the style belongs to the Geometric period of Decorated Gothic. The building comprises a nave with aisles, transepts and chancel (added 1911). Two-manual pipe organ by Harrison & Harrison, rebuilt 1992. Many beautiful stained glass windows.
Sunday: 11.00 am
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.