St John the Evangelist, Longside
Address: Peterhead Road, Longside, AB42 4XX
Local Authority: Aberdeenshire
Built 1853 to a design by William Hay. A large building with many fine features, including a saddle-back tower, stained glass by Chance and one by J Hamilton depicting St Margaret of Scotland. Superb reredos of Caen stone with figures and scenes from the Bible. On display are many rare items belonging to the Rev John Skinner of Linshart, Rector for 65 years (1742-1807), also known as Tullochgorum, poet and writer.
Sunday: 11:00am on 1st & 3rd + 09:30am on 2nd & 4th of the month.
Via contact in entrance porch
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.