Uyeasound Kirk, Unst
Directions to your Church
From A986 follow signs to Uyeasound and Muness
Location of Church
Contact this Church
Built by local people in 1843 at the Disruption, Uyeasound Kirk is a smaller, and remarkably unaltered, version of Hillside Kirk at Baltasound. It was intended to seat 400. The plain glass windows have coloured borders. The interior is a remarkable survival of wooden pews and pulpit in a balustraded enclosure. An unusual skylight provides natural light to the pulpit. Organ by Solway Organs. Memorials to South Unst men killed in World Wars.
Regular worship is at St John's, Baltasound, but see local advertising for services in Uyeasound Kirk.
Open most days
The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form below. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland's Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.