Classical church by James Milne 1823 with an Ionic pilastered and pedimented front and a small domed steeple. The interior contains the original U-plan gallery. In 1888 Hardy & Wight added the apse which was decorated in 1987 with war memorial murals by the German artist Reinhardt Behrens depicting the Lothian coastline ‘at the going down of the sun and in the morning …’. Historic 2-manual organ by August Gern of 1883, installed here 1995.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.