Fine example of the neo-Gothic style favoured by ecclesiastical architect P MacGregor Chalmers 1900. Designed to reflect scale and simplicity of a village church,the church was built of red Ballochmyle sandstone in the form of a cross. Interesting stained glass including works by Stephen Adam 1900. Pipe organ, Joseph Brook 1884, rebuilt James MacKenzie 1976.
Sunday: 11.00am mid August to mid June, 10.30am mid June to mid August,
Open by arrangement with the Session Clerk- firstname.lastname@example.org
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.