Built 1897-1900 with linked manse, 1906, architect J J Burnet, the assembly is dominated by the massive square tower and timbered porch. The silvered-bronze font of 1900 is by Albert Hodge and the pipe organ of 1902 by J J Binns. The communion table, 1921, was designed by J J Burnet and carved by Wylie & Lochhead with figures by William Vickers. Stained glass by Douglas Strachan from 1914, 1922, 1937 and 1950.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.