St Ternan’s is the oldest Scottish Episcopal Church in the Diocese of Brechin. It has a history pre William of Orange 1698 removing the status of the Episcopal Church as being the Established Church and transferring this to the Presbyterian Church of Scotland. The central part of the present church was built in 1831. The Chancel was designed by Alexander Ellis 1865. Porch, West Gable, extension to nave added in 1870. A lovely stained glass round window is above the altar depicting Jesus as the Good Shepherd. The organ dates back to the late 19th Century and is used every Sunday. In 2009 a bio mass pellet boiler and heating system was installed supplying heating to the church, Rectory and Extension. Extension was added to the church in 2010 consisting of toilets including a disabled toilet and baby changing facility. Kitchen and a Community room. In 2016 Grounds have been landscaped to give people a quiet reflection area. A new disabled car park has been constructed close to the church to give the disabled easier access to the church.
Sunday: 10.30 am Eucharist; Feast Day services as advertised
Dawn to Dusk
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.