Dedicated on a site donated by Sir William Gordon. Large Gothic church with twin towered west front, built 1850-7 to plans donated by Bishop James Kyle and supervised by A and W Reid, architects of Elgin. The chancel was added by C T Menard, 1907. Rose window. High altar of Italian marble surrounded by murals depicting ‘The Calming of the Storm’ and ‘The Walking on the Water’. Reredos and baptistry, C J Menart 1907. Statue of Our Lady of Aberdeen, copy of original in Brussels. Organ originally by Bryceson 1875, recently installed here from Fort Augustus Abbey.
Saturday Vigil Mass 6.30pm;
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.