St Nicholas Church was designed by Ross, Doak & Whitelaw and was opened in 1957. It is described as being in ‘Festival of Britain/Modernist style’. Its distinctive form and particularly the copper roof of the church make it a landmark building at a prominent road junction. The exterior and the interior retain many original decorative features and fittings. The building comprises of a rectangular, double height church, integrated Halls and Church Officer Flat, and ancillary buildings. The Sanctuary, Halls and Church Officer’s flat are Category B Listed by Historic Scotland.
By arrangement. Contact us using the contact form or call 0131 442 3978
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.