St Michael’s is a beautiful church set in rural Perthshire. The church was designed by the Rev William Sugden and the foundation stone was laid in September 1898. It was built using stone from three local derelict crofts; the total cost was less than five hundred pounds. Simple wooden interior with ornate candlesticks either side of the altar.
A small house sits adjacent to the church and this is occupied by visiting clergy who lead the Sunday worship whilst on holiday during the summer months.
Sunday 10.30 am May-October
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.