St Mary's and Old Parish Church, Hawick
Address: St Mary’s Place, Hawick, TD9 0AN
Local Authority: Scottish Borders
There has been a church on this site for 800 years; the present building was constructed in 1764 and reconstructed 1883 after a fire. The tower has a bell-cast roof, clock and weather-vane. Inside, the T-plan sanctuary has a fine barrel-vaulted ceiling, a beautiful wooden pulpit incorporating a decorative cross and communion furniture by local craftsmen. The cemetery has a collection of 18th and 19th century gravestones.
Sunday: 11.00 am
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.