Church name

St Margaret's Parish Church, Glenrothes

Denomination:   Church of Scotland
Address:   228 Woodside Road, Glenrothes
Local Authority:   Fife council
Listing:   C

Church Overview

St. Margaret’s Church was opened in May 1954 and was the first church to be built in Glenrothes. The architect was Peter Sinclair, the church is C listed and is built in North European modernist style with a pyramidal roof and a square bell tower. In 1971 the New Halls were opened providing a very adaptable hall with alcoves and a larger kitchen, the architect was Rolland and co. Inside there is a cruciform stained glass window created by John Blyth as well as 8 commemorative stained glass windows. Also a hand made communion table and a beautiful wall hanging by Claire Hemmingway.


Sundays: 9.30am and 11am, except the first Sunday in the month when the celebration service is at 10am.

Opening Arrangements

Open daily by arrangement


Access for partially abled  Induction loop for the deaf  Disabled WC refreshments

Image Gallery

Click image to open gallery.

St. Margaret's Parish Church, Glenrothes


The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.