The foundation stone was laid in 1898 and the building is of Norman design by Sir John J Burnet. The plainness of the Norman tower, white harled walls and red roof belie the magnificent interior. The features include many items of stained glass depicting various biblical themes. The history of the parish, recently researched, goes back to 710AD.
Sundays: 11.00am and 6.00pm.
Open by arrangement.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.