On St Cuthbert’s Way and dedicated to St Cuthbert. Reputed to have been a place of worship on this site for almost 1000 years. Originally oblong, thatched until 1790. North aisle added 1866, vestry 1962. Wyvern organ. Stained glass by J H Corham gifted 1914, Hebrew and Latin inscriptions, Maxton War Memorial within church. Burgerhuys bell 1609. Burial vault of Kers of Littledean.
11.45am on 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month
On the 5th Sunday of the month a united service takes place in one of the linked churches
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.