Built 1827 by William Stirling, extensively redesigned between 1924 and 1926 by Reginald Fairlie and Eric Bell. Exceptionally graceful, Latinate in style, and incorporating a splendid and perfectly combined display of (mainly) 20th-century Christian art, including works by Sir Alfred Gilbert, Alfred Hardiman, James Woodford and Henry Wilson, as well as local craftsmen. Stained glass by Herbert Hendrie.
Open 9.00am-4.30pm (dusk in winter) Saturday and Sunday. Weekdays, the key is available locally.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.