Small attractive building of 1785, re-roofed 1890. Oblong plan with gable front with birdcage belfry and 8-spoked wheel window over pointed arch entrance. Plain tall interior with open timber roof. Balcony with spiral stair with barley-sugar balusters. Pulpit box. Major repairs 2008-10.
Kilmelford Parish Church is a Destination Hub on the St Columba Pilgrim Journey.
Radiant panel heaters together with an ‘air to air’ source heat pump were installed in 2015 as an experiment instigated and funded by Historic Scotland
Sunday: fortnightly 12.00 noon, alternates with Kilninver
Third Sunday of the month except for January, July and August 4pm service/activities for young people of pre-school and school age.
Open daily, enter through vestry
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.