Kilchrenan Parish Church
OS Reference: NN037229
Address: , Kilchrenan , PA35 1HD
Local Authority: Argyll & Bute
The building was built in 1770 on the site of an earlier church dating back to the 12th century. Some stones from that church have been incorporated into the present building. Interior remodelled 1904 when the original east-west orientation was re-established. There are interesting tombstones in the graveyard including that of Cailean Mor (Sir Colin Campbell) in 1294.
Sunday: 10.00am on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Sundays of the month
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.