The cruciform church, with its prominent tower, stands on an elevated position between the road and Kilconquhar Loch. The ruins of an earlier church, dating from 1243, are to the east of the present building. The church, designed in neo-Perpendicular Gothic by R & R Dickson in 1821, is an exact copy of Cockpen Church in Midlothian, though in larger dimensions, by the same architect. The interior was refurnished in 1921.
Sunday: 11.30am February, April, June, August, October, December.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.