Holy Trinity, Lockerbie
Address: Arthurs Place, Lockerbie, DG11 2DY
Local Authority: Dumfries & Galloway
Built as Trinity Church 1874 for the United Presbyterian Church, became Church of Scotland 1929 and acquired in 1973 by the Catholic Church and renamed Holy Trinity. Designed by Ford Mackenzie, built in Corncockle sandstone in Gothic style with a large rose window and steeple. The organ, Ingram of Edinburgh, is a prominent feature. Plaque in vestibule commemorates 1,000 years of Christianity in Ukraine. Copy of Lockerbie Book of Remembrance and Memorial Plaque.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.