Address: Crossmichael, DG7 3AU
Local Authority: Dumfries & Galloway
T-plan church with tall pointed windows, 1751. The unusual round tower is probably 1611 – the date of the bell by Burgerhuys. North aisle added by David McLellan 1822, vestry 1963 and porch 1971. Remarkably complete early 19th century interior. Stained glass by Heaton, Butler & Bayne, 1898. Notable monuments in graveyard: headstone of covenanter William Graham, burial enclosure of the Gordons of Culvennan and classical monument of William Gordon of Greenlaw.
Sunday 9.30 or 11.00 am except 1st Sunday of the month
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.