Craigmillar Park Church, Edinburgh
Directions to your Church
Adjacent to Royal Blind School in South Newington
Location of Church
Contact this Church
Cruciform Gothic-style church in cream sandstone, 1879, by Hardy & Wight. Major alterations to the chancel in 1957 by Ian G Lindsay, and, in 2004, dedication of a chapel created under the gallery. Organ built as two-manual in 1894 by Brindley & Foster, enlarged to three-manual in 1920s by Ingram & Co. Various stained glass windows from 1920s to 2004 including lights by Margaret Chilton and Marjorie Kemp. New stone cross erected on roof, 2008.
Sunday: 10.30 am
Open by arrangement
Images relating to Craigmillar Park Church, Edinburgh are shown here, click on an image to view a larger version.
The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form below. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland's Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.