Aberlour Parish Church
Location of Church
Contact this Church
Originally dedicated to St Drostan, the church was built in 1812. The neo-Norman tower 1840 by William Robertson, architect, Elgin, was the sole survivor of a disastrous fire in 1861. George Petrie, architect, rebuilt the church in neo-Norman style. Choir added 1933 by J Wittet in memory of Sir James Ritchie Findlay. First organ by Brindley & Foster 1900, rebuilt by Ernest Lawton 1932, and present organ rebuilt by Sandy Edmonstone 1991.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form below. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland's Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.