Small oblong church re-built 1722 on the site of pre-Reformation church, was extended to a T-plan in 1820 and remodelled in Gothic style in the late 19th century. The vestry and galleries were added in 1856. Famous 8th-century standing stone in kirkyard (covered in winter months). Pre-Reformation stone font was brought into the church in 1992.
Sunday times change monthly, please contact minister for details.
Open during daylight hours
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.