One of architect John Honeyman’s most notable buildings, completed 1883. Square 135-ft tower and longest aisle in the city. Sanctuary illuminated by clerestoried nave beneath dark-timbered roof. Unusual reredos bearing Ten Commandments, Beatitudes and the Creed. Pulpit and lectern decorated with biblical fruits by Gertrude Hope. Communion table, fall and Bible markers by Hannah Frew Paterson, dedicated in April 2001. Organ by Brindley and Foster 1895. Stained glass, including work by Douglas Strachan (1895-1925). The building has been extensively restored inside and out and provides for a variety of worship, cultural and outreach activities.
Sunday 11.00am September-June; 10.30am July and August
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.