St Mary's, Greenock

St Mary's, Greenock

Denomination: Roman Catholic
Address: 14 Patrick Street, Greenock, PA16 8NA
Local Authority: Inverclyde
Listing: B


Church Overview

Designed in Early French Gothic style by George Goldie and opened in 1862. The tower was left incomplete. Major alterations 1914, including a new Lady Chapel. The sanctuary was remodelled in 1960s and 1970s. Complete renovation in 2003 included new altar, main entrance porch and side door. Stained glass windows depicting Our Lady and various saints by Wailes of Newcastle. ‘Lourdes’ window by Patrick Feeny installed 1965.


Saturday Vigil 6.30pm; Sunday 10.00am and 12.00 noon; Weekdays 10.00am

Opening Arrangements

Open daily 9.00am-2.00pm; Sunday 9.00am-4.00pm

Guide book available Access for partially abled  Induction loop for the deaf   Disabled WC refreshments

Image Gallery

Click image to open gallery.

St Mary's, Greenock


The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.