A commanding building forming part of the ancient gateway to the town at the East Port. Designed in 1889 by Sir Robert Rowand Anderson in 12th-century Transitional style and completed 1896. Stained glass circular window by John Blyth, stone reredos by Hew Lorimer, wood carving by Steven Foster and historical prints by Jurek Putter. Three new stained glass windows by Douglas Hogg.
Since 2008 the Church has been entrusted with the care of the major relic of St Margaret of Scotland. This is housed in a shrine in the Lady Chapel. Visits are encouraged.
Saturday 5.30pm Vigil Mass; Sunday 9.00am and 11.00am
Open from 9am for 10am Mass each day. Please phone at other times
St Margaret's Memorial Church, Dunfermline
St Margaret's Memorial Church
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.