Built as a Free Church in 1843 and named St John’s in 1900 after union of the Free and United Presbyterian Churches. Designed by A J Graham, the building is in the Romanesque style with the tall tower at the north-west corner and vestry to the south-west linked by an arcaded narthex.
Sunday 10.00am and on last Sunday of each month 6.30pm
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.