St Christopher's, Gordonstoun
Directions to your Church
1 mile east of Duffus, 5 miles north of Elgin
Location of Church
Contact this Church
Gordonstoun School was founded in 1934 by Kurt Hahn, with the aim of encouraging self-reliance and independence. St Christopher's is the main school chapel, built 1965-6 to designs by former pupil Patrick Huggins, to complement the Michael Kirk. Seating is 'gathered about the lectern pulpit and the Communion Table' whose positions emphasise the equal importance of Word and Sacrament, while giving space for orchestral or dramatic performances.
Main school service: Sunday 10.15am during term time
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form below. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland's Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.