Designed as an Independent Chapel by London architect J T Emmett in 1852 in Decorated Gothic style. Built in beautiful polished Kenmure sandstone with tall clerestoried nave supported on clustered columns with finely moulded capitals each with carved musical angels. Windows by Norman Macdougall 1905, depicting the four Evangelists, and representations of Christian vertues, flanking Christ in Glory, and John Clark. A church centre with side chapel, offices, extensive halls and restaurant was added in the 1960s. Patio with fountain from Glasgow garden festival. Following the collapse of the steeple during a storm on St Stephens Day 1998, the church and basement have been sensitively restored and modernised.
Sundays: 11.00am, Wednesdays: 1.00 pm
Open Monsday – Saturday 10.00am-6.00pm.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.