A really striking edifice in the Early Decorated style by John Honeyman, completed in 1877. There is a 165ft spire over a lofty belfry . Ravaged by fire in December 1998 and fully restored in 2001. The sanctuary is bright and modern, with no pulpit and with chairs that can be moved to provide a contemporary worship space. The stained glass windows, designed by Douglas Hogg, won a Saltire Society Art and Architecture Award. The windows are complemented by chancel furniture which reflect the curves of beach and shells on the nearby sea. The furniture was designed by Catherine Rennie, a member of the congregation.
Sunday: 9.30am Communion Service & 11am Worship Service
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.