New Luce Church
Address: New Luce, DG8 0AJ
Local Authority: Dumfries & Galloway
New Luce church was founded in 1647 when the original Parish of Glenluce was divided into Old Luce and New Luce. The famous Covenanter Alexander Peden preached as minister, 1660-3. The present church, dating from 1821, is of rectangular plan with a birdcage bellcote over the west gable. Vestry added 1957. Closed. Building for sale.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.