A striking Germanic style church designed by J Russel Mackenzie and built in 1875. Long and low, with a narrow, rectangular nave, an apse at the east end and a tower to the north. The interior features an imposing scissor-beam pine roof structure, a large Abbot and Smith organ installed in 1913 and stained glass windows by William Wilson and Gordon Webster. The sanctuary has a carved wooden communion table and a fairly tall pulpit, reached by wooden steps. Plans are currently in progress to extend the church to incorporate meeting rooms, kitchen, toilets and reception area.
Sunday 11.00 am
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.