Kirkinner Parish Church

Kirkinner Parish Church

Denomination: Former Church of Scotland
Address: Main Street, Kirkinner, DG8 9AL
Local Authority: Dumfries & Galloway
Listing: B

Church Overview

A simple rural parish church with tower, built 1828. Galleried interior. Contains the magnificent carved stone Kirkinner Cross created at Whithorn in the 12th century.

Closed in 2020 and sold by the Church of Scotland in 2024.

 

 

Image Gallery

Click image to open gallery.

Kirkinner Parish Church

Disclaimer

The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.