Built in 1877 as a Free Church. Designed in a Gothic style by Donald McMillan with nave and corner spire. The Acorn Centre was created in 2008: the church was split in two by adding a new floor at gallery level to give a worship, conference and concert facility upstairs and a hospitality area downstairs meeting the needs of a whole range of people in the community. The original features of the church are retained, including a stained glass rose window, while the change is announced by the new glass porch.
Open daily 10.00 am – 4.00 pm
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.