Caputh Parish Church
Directions to your Church
4 miles east of Dunkeld on A984
Location of Church
Contact this Church
There has been a church in Caputh since the 9th century, the present one being a fine stone building, now into its third century. The building of Caputh Church was started in 1798, The tall pointed windows were inserted in 1839, the aisle and tower added in 1865 and the windows altered in 1918. In the 1960s, a meeting room was created under the gallery cleverly using the wood from the rearmost pews. The English-style lychgate was added in 1928. The interior, by A G Heiton of Perth, was created in 1913, and has fine oak furnishings in the style of Lorimer. Significant stained glass windows including work by R Anning Bell, T Millie Dow, Gordon Webster, Guthrie & Wells and the Abbey Studio. Monument to Caroline Graham Murray by Robert Lorimer. Organ by James Bruce of Edinburgh, c.1830, moved here from nearby Delvine House.
Open by arrangement
Images relating to Caputh Parish Church are shown here, click on an image to view a larger version.
The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form below. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland's Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.