A simple country church in a delightful and peaceful setting, built 1825 to designs by David Hamilton. The chancel was added in 1908 and the gallery altered 1914. Finely carved screen at the front of the gallery of Austrian oak. Very fine stained glass windows by Steven Adam, Alfred Webster, Sadie McLellan and Crear McCartney. Pipe organ by Norman & Beard. Watch-house and cast-iron mort safe in the graveyard.
Sunday 10.30am in summer
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.