Handsome parish church in dressed stone, built 1853 by David Bryce. Exhibition of the history of the church. Bell donated by Rev Robert Kirk (1644-92), a notable boulder font and the supposed gravestone of St Angus, possibly 9th century. The ruins of the old parish church are in the graveyard where there are many intriguing carved stones, including that of Rob Roy MacGregor.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.