Spiky battlemented Gothic T-plan church built 1722, and added to by Barclay and Lamb in 1820 for James Balfour, grandfather of A J Balfour, Prime Minister 1902-05. Eighteenth-century burial enclosure of Buchan Sydserfs of Ruchlaw and good late 17th-century headstones show that there was an earlier church on the site. Closed. Building for sale.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.