Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: , Weisdale , ZE2 9LW
Local Authority: Shetland
Built as a Free Church in 1863, allocated to the United Free Church in 1908, finally Church of Scotland in 1929. Symmetrical hall-church with Gothic details and a birdcage bellcote. The original interior survives including a combined pulpit and lectern with fine wood carving. With the support of the Beechgrove Garden television programme, a community garden was created in 2005. The church is now closed and a private dwelling.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.