Only the A-listed tower and bell of 1734 survive following desecration of the nave by Cromwellian troops and an explosion of munitions stored in the 13th-century church by Jacobites. The re-building of the nave to become the present church was in 1751. The church was remodelled in 1937 by A A McMichael. The interior was restored and remodelled in the 1960s.
Sundays: 10.30am and 6.30pm (2nd Sunday in March, June, September and December)
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.