St Michael’s was built in 1837 to a design by George Mathewson of Dundee, replacing a small chapel on the outskirts of the village. The cruciform church, lit by narrow Gothic windows, has a bellcote crowning the west gable. The east transept has been adapted as the Presbytery. The interior was remodelled in the 1930s and is now largely decorated with art-work from adjoining St Michael’s Youth Centre. The Youth Centre is a residential centre operated by the Diocese of Abderdeen in a former convent for those on retreat or visiting the Grampian Highlands.
9.30 am every 3rd Sunday in rotation with Tombae and Chapeltown
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.