Built in 1961, architect Thomas S Cordiner, after the old building was burnt down in 1941, before its centenary Mass. Note the prevalence of Greek iconography over Latin and the recurrence of the motif of St John. Tabernacle door designed by Hew Lorimer and presidential chair by John McLachlan. Rushworth and Dreaper organ.
Saturday Vigil 4.30pm; Sunday 10.00am, 12.00 noon and 6.30pm; Weekdays 10.00am
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.