Designed by J A Hansom and built 1853-4, the site and church paid for by the Marchioness of Lothian. Early English Gothic church with superbly decorated interior. Gorgeously stencilled coffered ceilings by C H Goldie. Mural of ‘Coronation of the Virgin’ by Miss Gibsone over chancel arch. Stained glass of various dates. Organ by Hamilton.
Saturday 6.00pm Sunday; 10.30am
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.