St Aloysius, Chapelhall
Address: 192 Main Street, Chapelhall, ML6 8SF
Local Authority: North Lanarkshire
Opened in 1894, built to a design by Pugin and Pugin. Sanctuary completely renewed 1941-52. Marble reredos with gold mosaic panels depicting scenes from the life of St Aloysius. Stained glass installed in rose window 1984, by Shonna McInnes of Orkney who also designed the remaining four windows in the sanctuary, installed in 1994 to celebrate the church centenary. Beautiful gardens behind the church with excellent presbytery house designed by McInally.
Saturday Vigil 5.30pm;
Sunday 10.00am, 12.00 noon
Open daily 9.00am-7.30pm
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.