Langton Parish Church
Address: Gavinton, TD11 3QT
Local Authority: Scottish Borders
The present church of 1872 replaced an earlier building of 1798 and dominates the village. Gothic in style, with a steeple topped with the 1798 weather cock. Display of the mort bell, communion tokens and the coat-of-arms of the minesweeper HMS Gavinton. Allen organ of 2005. Recently updated information leaflets for adults and worksheets for children.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.