Built 1638 to replace St Catherine’s at Mull of Galloway in the most southerly parish in Scotland. T-shaped church with vaults of the McDouall family of Logan underneath balcony. ‘Treacle’ Bible on display. Bell from Clanyard Castle, a gift from the Earl of Dalhousie 1532. The graveyard has fine 18th century gravestones including one in the form of a lighthouse.
Sunday: 11.30am last Sunday of the summer months: May to September
Open daily March to October, 10.00am-5.00pm, or by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.