Designed by James Souttar and built in 1867 as Alford Free Church and substantially reordered in 2001 by William Lippe Architects to mark the union of Alford, Keig and Tullynessle & Forbes. Renovations include reorientation of chancel to the long wall; pews replaced with chairs; creation of glass vestibule. Set of engravings showing the Parable of the Sower in modern form and stained glass window of the Burning Bush by Jane Bayliss. New halls with sweeping curved roof, 2008, William Lippe Architects.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.