This handsome Gothic church with halls was designed by Robert Baldie in 1873. Originally built as St Mary’s for the United Free Church. Wide central gable with three entrance archways, three pointed windows above and a curved window in the gable. Inside, a horseshoe-shaped gallery sweeps round three sides, supported on cast-iron columns. Painted windows celebrate the industrial heritage of the River Clyde. The home church of the Presbytery of Glasgow.
Due to building works the morning service will be held in the Linthouse building at 11am
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.