The present church, built in 1823, was constructed around the original kirk of 1642, and the congregation continued to worship in the old sanctuary while building went on around them! On completion, the inner church was demolished. The bell was transferred from old to new and is still in use today. Early 20th-century stained glass, including a First World War Memorial window. Session house in the kirkyard added 1992.
Open Easter Saturday and Saturdays May to September, 2.00-4.00pm
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.