Originally erected in 1639, the tower was added in 1726 and the body of the kirk rebuilt 1831. The building is a typical T-plan post-Reformation kirk with the pulpit on the south wall. Opposite the pulpit is a laird’s loft with the family vault beneath. ‘Russell’ stained glass windows either side of the pulpit and four further windows designed by Edward Burne-Jones.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.